Thomas Layton’s Legacy
John and Virginia Walker started Caring for People Services in 2005 after their son, Thomas Layton, lost his battle with cancer at the age of 26.
As described by his father, Thomas had a heart made of gold, always going out of his way to help those around him. Thomas was living in California when he began experiencing very severe headaches. Doctors discovered a tumor quickly swelling inside his head and operated. The Walker family brought Thomas home to Omaha following his procedure. Caring for Thomas was a 24 hour, 7 day a week commitment for Virginia until he passed away.
To honor Thomas’s memory, John and Virginia felt compelled to help others find caring people to help their loved ones in need. Caring for People Services was formed with the goal to provide compassionate care for people age 16 to the elderly through professional, ethical and quality service.
Wishing to expand this success beyond the local market, Caring for People Services chose franchising as the next step through rigorous adherence to the founding principles, practices, and procedures as implemented by our home office.
CFPS was one of the first companies to enter the in home care/non medical home care industry. We have the compassion for people who don’t need an institutional setting, but still need some assistance to live at home.
The demand for in home care and non medical home care services has never been greater. An aging population, shorter hospital stays and a general preference for aging at home are fueling demand for in home services that help preserve independence. In addition, families are struggling to provide appropriate levels of care for their aging loved ones, while also trying to fulfill the normal responsibilities of their everyday life. Our services help meet all their commitments.
The CFPS franchise program offers one of the most comprehensive packages available in the industry, including:
- Large protected territories, detailed initial and ongoing training, and time saving vendor relationships and national accounts.
- Relevant, customized franchisee support that is focused on providing excellent client care, as well as franchisee profitability.
- Executive team leadership with decades of in home care experience to guide you.
- A business model that is already being utilized.
- An opening timeline that averages just over 90 days from contract signing to business opening.
- A fulfilling opportunity to grow a business while providing a much-needed service to your community.
If you have a passion for building a business that serves others, and you want to affiliate yourself with a clearly established in home care/non medical home care industry leader, we encourage you to keep reading to learn more about Caring for People Services.